Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) Tank Inspection
TISEC provide Visual as well as Acoustic Emission services for the inspection of FRP tanks.
Certified Internal and External Tank Inspection - Typically 5 year inspections that includes review of previous inspection reports and inspection of flange bolts, sounding for delaminations, crazing, surface hardness, and bottom flatness, in addition to features inspected during Periodic Preventive Maintenance Inspections.
Use Acoustic Emission (AE) to inspect new and in-service FRP tanks for:
- - resin cracking,
- - fiber-matrix debonding,
- - fiber pullout,
- - fiber breakage,
- - delamination, and bond failure in assembled nozzles and manways
AE inspection can be performed on:
- - atmospheric - vertical tanks
- - atmospheric - pressure vertical tanks
- - atmospheric - vacuum vertical tanks
- - atmospheric - pressure horizontal tanks
FRP structural integrity tests typically take about 1/2 day to complete depending on pump capacity, tank capacity, and access limitations. TISEC acoustic emission FRP tank inspection procedure satisfies the guidelines set forth in ASTM E 1067-07 Standard Practice for AE Examination of Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic Resin (FRP) Tanks
Atmospheric FRP Tank Test Procedure
- Baseline noise level determination 10-30 minutes.
- Hold at 50% capacity for 10 minutes minimum.
- Hold at 75% capacity for 10 minutes minimum.
- Hold at 87% capacity for 10 minutes minimum
- Hold at 100% capacity for 30 minutes minimum.
*Note that different tank configurations require different fill/hold sequences.